join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Friday, July 28

A new connection

I am always deeply touched when a person feels comfortable enough to open up and share their pain with me.

Yesterday I had a volunteer in the office with me. We don't know each other well, but we chatted as we worked. She was in a talkative mood, and as the afternoon progressed I learned about her family back in Ontario, her career, her faith, and her tragedies. This woman has lost several family members in very sad circumstances, and has not quite healed from all of it.

What a privilage to hear her stories. Now we are more connected than we were before, and I have a better understanding of her needs and strengths.

I look forward to the growth of this new friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home