join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Wednesday, July 26

branding myself - sounds painful, doesn't it?

Lately I've been thinking about making changes to my blog. Many blog "experts" say your blog should have a theme. It should be topical in order to attract and retain more visitors.

This seems to make sense, so I started trying to think of a theme that I could write about on a regular basis. One that is unique and that I would like to bookmark if I found it. As a person who's busy trying to cram every hobby and interest in the world into one lifetime, this was a difficult exercise for me. The one consistent thread that I find running through my life, that ignites my passions, is human relationship, on both the large and small scales. Well, that could work.

Now I think I need a new name for my blog, but creating a new address would be a pain, so I'm trying to think of a name that connects with human connection, but still has something to link it with "wannapeanut". This is a good puzzle.

I looked up famous quotes with the word 'peanut' or 'nuts' in them and did not find many - definately no great ones.

Every idea I have is already being used, so now I'm taking suggestions.

5 Comments:

At 7/26/2006 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may come as an anaphylactic shock, but the "peanut" is blocking your airway. If you're branding your blog, it's going to kill the flow.

Speaking of shocking, the first thing that came to my mind was "humansocket", with a tagline like, "plugging in to humanity". The graphic could revolve around the face-like look of a wall socket.

(Note, though, that I worked for twelve and a half hours today, and it's 4 minutes to midnight my time - I'm pretty sure I could come up with something better given full use of my synapses.)

 
At 7/28/2006 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, I think these "theme things" tend to work themselves out. They happen behind your back, as you write about things that only you can write about because they come from your unique you.

When you keep journaling, writing about the things that bore you, things that "buoy" you, things that plague you, things that grip you, your life-theme(s) surface. And that's your gift to us.

(It's what happened to me with Grow Mercy.)

Blossoms Lisa, s. thomas

 
At 7/28/2006 11:09 PM, Blogger Dave King said...

Themes work well for deperonalized blogs like slashdot. If trafic is you main aim then yes a consitant theme is almost a must. However I don't aim for trafic and aim to reflect what I'm thinking experiencing living. It's a far more incarnational approach to writing. Less comercial but far richer for those who stick it out. So first question is why do you blog?

- Peace

 
At 8/03/2006 10:32 AM, Blogger s.o.e. said...

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll give this blog more time to see where it leads. I still want to change the name, though.

 
At 8/19/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Mission Musings said...

A theme beyond "Wanna Peanut..." Hm. Interesting, to be sure. Where do peanuts and human interest collide? Probably some sort of delicious chocolate bar.

"Hey, you got chocolate in my peanut butter!"
"No, you got peanut butter in MY chocolate."

Eureka!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home