join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Friday, July 21

Sometimes I am a bad person

There, I said it. Now I feel better.

There are times when I let expectations (my own and those of society around me) weigh so heavily on me. It gets hard to admit that I can rarely live up to those ideals. My everyday failures to be good become little secrets that I keep to myself and they suck up my attention and my energy. Keeping others from finding out holds me captive, unable to engage fully in life.

It is so freeing everytime I finally let go and admit that often times I suck in a really big way. Then I can devote my full attention and my time to what's going on around me.

I need to do this much more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home