join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Monday, July 3

Greenery

This was a weekend of parks. On Saturday night we served coffee and watched the fireworks at the top of the hill looking down into Kin Coulee Park. Sunday aftertoon we had lunch at Echo Dale Park, just outside of town. Today we drove out to Cypress Hills Interprovincial park with some friends and spent several hours strolling, eating and resting in the shade. We saw so many different birds, insects and animals. I kept thinking about how lucky we are to live in a place where we have all this wilderness at our fingertips. How fitting that I got so close to being patriotic on Canada Day weekend.

This weekend was also a weekend of mosquitos. So far I don't think I have West Nile Virus. Someone speculated on Saturday that the native tribes of Canada must have developed an immunity to the little pests. He knows many first nations people who don't seem to be bothered by them at all. Any thoughts or facts about this?

2 Comments:

At 7/05/2006 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my sister who lives in L.A. was so much in awe when she came to visit and saw a lot of parks and wildlife in the midst of a busy city!

 
At 7/07/2006 7:56 AM, Blogger Mission Musings said...

Mosquitoes: I'll try and remember asking around today at the Mission but I seem to recall something about this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home