join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Tuesday, November 27

female troubles

Today I was all set to write a whiny post about how I can't register for the courses I want next semester, until I read Campaign 2000's 2007 Alberta Report Card.

There's no way I can complain about my college education in light of the fact that approx. 21 percent of Albertans earn less that $12 an hour, and that two thirds of them are women.

I want to know how many of them are single moms.

bunny trail: Want a truly surreal experience? Try channel surfing back and forth between a CBC documentary on human trafficking and the movie 'Hitch'. That's how I spent Sunday night. We live in a strange and perverse world.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home