join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Friday, June 15

you must be THIS BIG to go on this ride

OK, I've finally cooled down enough to post about this.

I broke my bike.

It's too heavy for me and I can't maneuver it properly. I'm fine while it's moving. It feels great while I'm cruising down the road, but it becomes a problem when it's stopped.

I dropped it.

Twice.

Both times on an uneven road surface. My right foot was just a little further away from the ground than my left, it started to tilt, and that was the end of it. It takes 2 people to pick it up.

The first time I dropped it there wasn't even a scratch and I was so relieved. The second time things must have been weakened by the first fall. The front brake leaver and the right foot peg snapped off, I scratched up the right mirror, handle bar end, and there are some tiny scratches on the tank from the snaps on my jacket when I fell.

Now I have to pay for replacement parts and try to sell it, then go looking for another bike.

I feel like a huge loser.

I was so eager to ride, and I didn't want to be stuck on the back of Matt's bike. I really did think it was a good fit, and I don't think even a test drive would have convinced me that it was too big. I thought I just needed to adjust to it. It took over a week before I was certain that I couldn't handle it.

Even Matt has difficulty getting it in and out of the garage, and a 3 point turn is tricky indeed. I think you'd need to be over 6 feet tall and have some nice big muscles to really do well with this bike. None of the reviews I read said anything about how top-heavy it is.

If anyone knows of a used 2006 Ninja 650R for sale, please let me know. Now I really have an itch to ride, and every day that I look at that thing stuck in the garage is torture.

I know lots of people survive just fine without a motorcycle, but this was a big dream for me.

Thanks for letting me whine. I promise not to write about motorbikes for a while.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6/15/2007 2:57 PM, Blogger Trudy said...

I'm sorry for your loss! But you're right, you probably need something just a little lighter. The right bike will come along. Don't give up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home