join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Thursday, May 24

great pretender

Funny anecdote from the weekend:

My sister has two vegetarian roommates. One had a BBQ for her birthday on Saturday. She bought special mushroom and cheese veggie patties that she knew roommate #2 likes, and tossed them on the grill.

We all had one, and I couldn't believe how veggie burger technology had advanced. This was the most realistic veggie burger I had ever had. We all exclaimed about how strangely juicy and delicious they were.

Then roommate #2 became suspicious.

"Where did you get these, again?"

"At Superstore. They're the portabello and cheese ones, like you always get."

"OK, I trust you, but I just want to have a look at the box."

It turns out that Superstore has two kinds of portabello and cheese patties. Roommate #1 had accidentally bought the kind with meat in them.

Roommate #2 had already eaten 2 burgers. Thank goodness she didn't get sick.

I'm glad you can still tell the difference between the two. As a vegetarian-friendly omnivore, I like my veggies to taste like veggies, and my meat to taste like meat.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home