join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Wednesday, May 16

She's got a nice personality

I started volunteering with Big Brothers, Big Sisters this year. I am a mentor for a 13 year old girl. Every week I go to her junior high school and we hang out for an hour. I really like getting to know her, and watching her warm up to me. This week we finished making a sock monkey.Her name is Monica Monkey. She's not the best sock monkey ever made - in fact she kind of looks like Frankenstein's monkey, but that's what you get sometimes with a collaberative, inter-generational project.

We still need to add earrings and a "tattoo" of her initial.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5/20/2007 3:00 AM, Blogger Trudy said...

I love your sock monkey, thats great. And kudos for mentoring. I'm sure you'll have a positive impact.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home