join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Tuesday, March 6

Land of Plastic Sushi

Kappabashi-dori is the main street of the restaurant supply district in Tokyo. For anyone who enjoys cooking, this is window shopping at it's best.
And with some shops we definitely stuck to the windows, as it would have been very dangerous to enter the narrow isles stacked with multiple Jenga games of pottery. Our backpacks would have set off a nasty chain reaction for sure.

I bought a pair of the largest cooking chopsticks I have ever seen. They are like cheerleading batons.

Our favourite shops were the plastic food stores.

Japanese restaurants often have displace cases out front, filled with plastic versions of their dishes rather than menus. You can get anything from ice cream cones and chocolates to watermelons, to frothy beer and 3-foot long fish. I thought the forks twirling pasta, suspended above their plates were pretty amusing.

We brought home some delicious looking plastic sushi to put on our fridge as magnets.Japan is filled with unusual art in places you would never think to look. I'm not sure what this giant beetle was all about, but it sure caught my eye sitting on the front of this apartment building.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home