join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Thursday, February 8

lunch at 250 km an hour

October 28, 2006


Even on the bullet train, it took more than 5 hours to get from Hiroshima to Tokyo. Japan is longer than it looks!

The view along the coast was not that interesting: houses, fields, industrial buildings, train station, repeat.

The highlight of the trip was actually the Ekiben, the boxed lunch we ate on the train. The japanese eat cold cooked food more than I expected. Certainly more than we do in the west.

Tasty. Except for the pickles.

There were no pickles that I liked in this meal. The bright pink pickled plum sitting on top of my rice was particularly unpalatable to me. I tried not to speculate about what foul chemicals it had been soaked in. At this point I was starting to get discouraged about the number of japanese foods I didn't like so far.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home