join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Monday, February 12

Onion & Chick Pea Hot Dip

I found this recipe scribbled on the inside back cover of a cookbook my friend Phil gave me. It's simple, quite tasty, and filled with fabulous flavinoids.

Try it!

2-3 large red onions (chopped)
1/2 19 oz. can of chick peas (strained)*
1/4 c. red wine
1 1/2 Tbsp. white vinegar (I actually used basil white wine)
parsley

*I think I'll use the whole can next time I make it

1. saute onions 3 min.

2. add chick peas, saute 2 more min., covered.

3. add wine, cook 5 min.

4. add vinegar and blend until hummous consistency.

5. sprinkle parsley on top and serve hot or chilled with veggie sticks or "imagine" (this is the exact wording).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home