join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Friday, February 23

Yoyogi Park

October 29 cont.


Before we even crossed the street from Yoyogi station I could smell the ginko trees.

The oxygen and moisture felt delicious in my nose and lungs.

This is a huge park (133 acres) of the most ancient tree alive today. The trees were dense, barely letting in light, with a few broad, paved paths winding through.

I was starved for greenery and wanted to walk through the moss, running my hands along the bark of the big trees, but tidy fences made it clear that this is not allowed. Or maybe the fences are meant to keep the trees back.

A courtyard on the other side of the park is home to a famous gathering of youth every Sunday afternoon. 'Cosplay' is dressing up as charaters from manga & anime. The kids are like peacocks, primping and competing for attention.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home