join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Monday, January 29

playing it loose

October 27th


We decided not to go to Beppu.

We had spent enough time on the train lately, thank you very much. I felt so burnt out, and we needed to do laundry.

I had really wanted to see the island of Kyushu. I had been so excited about the 3000 year old camphor trees, the mud baths and the gaudy resort glitz of Beppu. It was just too much to cram into one vacation. I'll just have to stick to one island per visit and go back at least 3 more times.

I twisted my ankle on the way to the laundromat. Leave it to me to come away unscathed from such activities as sky diving, mountain biking and kick boxing, but twist my ankle walking down a nice, level side walk. We weren't even half-way through our vacation yet.

Our hosts put some kind of magic Japanese adhesive tape on it. it didn't look like it would do much, but it worked like you wouldn't believe. I was still very careful after that. I almost twisted my other ankle at least 3 times. Gotta keep everyone alert!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home