join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Friday, August 3

panic attack

Sometimes I think about all the things I still want to do and experience, and I start to panic. By this point in my life I have realized that there is no way I will get to everything on my list. Many things are, in fact, totally exclusive of each other and so I'd need several lifetimes for all of them.

The other day, when I was feeling close to hyperventilating over this fact, my friend Suzanne, who has lived a long life full of adventures and sorrows, told me not to worry. She said that I should just do as much as I can in the time given, and that everything else could be explored at my leisure in eternity.

I'm not sure if hold to the same view of what the afterlife will be like, but I felt comforted anyway.

1 Comments:

At 8/06/2007 7:48 AM, Blogger Dave King said...

One of my spiritual mentors said the same thing to me when I was young.

Besides your life is a story, not a check list.

- Peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home