join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Friday, June 2

Never thought I'd say this

I've only been job hunting for 9 weeks, but it feels like much, much longer. I have far too much time alone to think right now.

It's amazing how much of our self-worth is tied into having a job. It can be a huge ego thing. I didn't even lose my job in a negative way. I didn't get fired or laid off - I quit (mostly voluntarily). It doesn't make much difference, though. My pride will not be healed until I find a new place where people will depend on my five days a week.

4 Comments:

At 6/02/2006 5:41 PM, Blogger Dave King said...

It's all about belonging. We don't fit in this society with out a job.

- Peace

 
At 6/03/2006 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember vividly one year ago being in a similar situation. Just finished my masters and wondering how on earth to use it and who on earth would want me. It feels like I've been working here forever now, I do love it and you're right it fulfills something, somehow. I wish for you the "right fit". You have important things to offer through your gifts and your being.

 
At 6/05/2006 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's wrong with the Medicine Hat people??

 
At 6/06/2006 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to what Sharlamon said!

By the way how's your garden?

Miss your various "reviews", prayer time and your cheerful presence at work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home