join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Tuesday, April 11

Jackpot!

Yesterday a frustrating shopping day took a sudden upward turn when I discovered a gold mine: a whole rack of original Star Trek VHS tapes for just #1.99 each. They may even be brand new, as they're sealed in plastic.

Please don't call me a Trekkie. I did enjoy the series as a kid, so it has a lot of sentimental value to me, but I have NEVER dressed up as a character from the show. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's just not who I am.

Each tape has two episodes. I found one tape with my favorite episode - 'Spock's Brain', and one with the famous 'The Trouble with Tribbles'. Ah, the most beautiful cheese you will ever find on TV.

If you happen to live in or near Medicine Hat you should check out King of Trade downtown. It's an entertaining store with lots of cheap (and also cheap) stuff.

5 Comments:

At 4/11/2006 9:33 AM, Blogger lovesexintelligence said...

hey lisa,

'Spock's Brain' is really the funniest episode, ever!
I´m not a trekkie too, but i rember, when i was young, i laughed a lot about the silly faces of spock...

greatings from dortmund, germany
jense

 
At 4/12/2006 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone could suppress a smile or not finish the speech "Space, the final frontier..." trekkie or not. But you're right Lisa, a better cheese cannot be found.

Mark - trapped in PG

 
At 4/14/2006 1:28 AM, Blogger jace anderson said...

Great score! KoT is always worth the time to look.

 
At 4/16/2006 7:55 PM, Blogger Mission Musings said...

The Trouble With Tribbles is actually the pilot episode!

 
At 4/16/2006 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, if that ever happened to me with ST:TNG, I would buy up the whole store. --from an unabashed trekkie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home