join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Thursday, April 6

Toronto part 2

Of course we did the touristy thing and went up the tower. I'm glad I waited for the big one and did not shell out 20 bucks to go up the Calgary tower. At security they made us go through a scary devise that turned out to be a bomb sniffer. I placed my feet on the yellow marks and suddenly all these super-strong poofs of air were hitting me from every direction. It felt like I was back in the Indiana Jones ride at Disney, when the poison darts are whizzing by your head.

Tara made me creep out onto the glass floor at the top to take my picture. I don't care if the sign says it can hold 14 fully grown hippos. Why would any sane person stand on that?!

Anyone who is familiar with the Shuffle Demons will understand why I was tickled to ride the Spadina bus. If you've never heard of them before, listen here.


spadina bus!

We went into some fun shops, like Magic Pony and Peach Berserk. I want one of everything!

On Saturday night we went to a truly entertaining show. Umoja is a song and dance production about the history of South African Music.


It was at the Elgin Theatre, which is a wonderfully ornate building, rich with history. Sitting there watching the ancient tribal dances I felt like some socialite watching Josephine Baker in 1920's New York.

I recommend this show to anyone who has a chance to go and loves music. I know my drummer friends will get a special thrill out of it.

Well, that's my slice of Toronto. I hope it won't be too long before I get to return.

ps. This entry was my first shot at linking to things. I'm so proud of myself.

1 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heheh, i have been mindlessly going through random blogs, by pressing the 'next blog' button up top. I stumbled across yours and the description u use
"I love getting people to eat vegetables they say they hate and then discover they like them." made me giggle/laugh alot hehehe. Classic line. hope you enjoy life and have a good day!

random blog guy aka Joely :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home