join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Tuesday, September 2

my solo journey

I traveled 1337 kms in 3 days on my motorcycle down the Crowsnest highway from Medicine Hat to Hope, and then down the busy #1 to Vancouver.

It was an amazing drive, with lots of heart-stopping twisties. It was also very cold in the mountains! I wore my rain gear even when I didn't need it, and I still couldn't feel my legs by the end of the day.

When I travel alone, I like to stay in B&Bs, for a little company.

The first night I stayed at the Three Bears Bed and Breakfast, in a little town called Jaffrey, just shy of Cranbrook. What a beautiful spot. Doug and Doris were friendly and chatty, the wildlife were plentiful, the breakfast was hearty and delicious. I can't wait to go visit them again.

The second night I stayed at the Italian Garden Bed and Breakfast in Osoyoos. Maria is a feisty little Italian woman with the most amazing garden in her back yard. The rooms are nothing special, but eating a breakfast of fresh fruit & vegetables under a canopy of grapes is! I would go back again, even just to eat her fresh figs.The highway west of Osoyoos is flanked by picture-perfect vineyards and fruit stands. I wish I could have lingered.

I can't wait to explore more wild and winding highways on my motorcycle! In a few weeks, I will be riding down to Portland, Oregon. It's just a quick jaunt to see a show, but I'm told there are some amazing back roads there.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9/07/2008 10:13 PM, Blogger Dave King said...

Who are you going to see? BTW I have friends who have a B&B in Seattle, let me know if you're interested.

- Peace

 
At 9/08/2008 8:52 PM, Blogger Spawn of Elvis said...

Don't laugh, but I'm going to see the top ten "So you think you can dance" contestants. I'm very excited. I already have a hotel booked, but thanks for the info.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home