join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Thursday, July 3

get your motor running, head out on the hightway...

Last weekend I took my motorcycle out onto the highway for the first time.

It was an intense experience - so different than riding in town! The wind reminded me of that time I went skydiving, when they first opened the door of the plane and expended me to climb out.

We just drove an hour to Elkwater, at the edge of the Cypress Hills Inter-Provincial Park. We wanted to have a meal at the lodge there, but it turned out to be closed when we arrived, and we didn't want to wait around in our riding gear for 2 hours until it opened again. It was over 30 degrees that day.

Now I have my confidence back for riding that big, heavy beast. I'm going to need it.

This weekend we are riding our bikes to Calgary, Kamloops, Prince George, and Edmonton over our 2 weeks of vacation.

Pray for good weather, and wish me luck!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7/03/2008 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm green with envy! Enjoy your trip and be safe.

Linda

 
At 7/05/2008 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto. I hope it can be expected that you won't be expended. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home