join the circus

This is me attempting to engage the world around me, search for justice, and spread peace.

Wednesday, February 20

frost fairies

Last month we had an amazing hoar frost. I'm not usually into snow and ice, but when I was out walking that morning I was gripped by the beauty of it and inspired to take some photos.

I meant to post them right away, but got distracted and forgot about them for a while.

Here are a few of the best ones:





As the temperature increased the air started to move, lifting the ice crystals of the branches and swirling them around like a snow storm under a clear sky.

It was all magical.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2/24/2008 8:23 PM, Blogger Trudy said...

I love the frost on the trees. For me, no snow and just lots of heavy frost would be perfect and even fulfill the requirements for a white Christmas!

 
At 3/06/2008 8:13 AM, Blogger Stephen T Berg said...

These are beautiful, delicate, and tinged with divinity. Hoar frost is God-cloth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home